This job posting is no longer active.
Transportation Senior Specialist
This position will be based at the Haslet, TX, retail logistics center and will report to the Regional Transportation Manager. This position is a key member of the Domestic Transportation Field Team and partners closely with the truckload/dray carriers, JCPenney fulfillment center operations & Home Office Logistics Support to deliver world-class service to JCPenney fulfillment centers.
The position will be accountable for the flow of merchandise from the Alliance retail logistics center to other JCPenney fulfillment centers. This leader will drive the local execution of transportation strategies, policies, and programs and will monitor the performance of the dray & truckload carriers to ensure they meet service expectations & operate in a cost efficient manner. Support of the retail logistics center operations team is critical to ensure company initiatives and supply chain metrics are met.
The ideal candidate should be self-driven and a highly motivated and inquisitive leader who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, retail environment managing carrier relationships and developing partnerships inside and outside of the organization. He/she should have the ability to influence others with superior communication skills.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Managing truckload/dray carriers to achieve efficient, reliable, and cost-effective transportation solutions.
- Responsible for the transportation execution of the truckload/dray carriers; timely resolution of problems that could impact flow of merchandise to stores; proactively develops contingency plans and manages crisis situations.
- Proactively forecast, track and communicate changes in merchandise flows to the truckload/dray carriers and fulfillment center operations allowing them the proper lead-time to develop capacity plans.
- Supports the development of carrier strategies and leads the local execution of transportation initiatives that will improve lead-time, cost, on-time service, and truckload/dray carrier utilization.
- Builds and maintains proactive communication with truckload/dray carrier leadership to support mutually beneficial business relationships improving capabilities that support JCP business requirements and objectives.
- Responsible for the retail logistics center outbound transportation expense and cost improvement opportunities.
- Lead associate engagement initiatives to develop and broaden the scope of knowledge of the local Field Transportation team
Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline from an accredited college preferred
Minimum 2-3 years of management experience in transportation or supply chain operations, preferably in the retail industry
Some travel required
Job Title: Transportation Sr Specialist
Location: Haslet, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114737
J.C. Penney Company Inc.