This job posting is no longer active.
Provides sourcing support assistance to assigned lines within designated market through contract process execution, supplier profile/market intelligence updates and specific source maintenance/follow-up, as requested.
1. Assists in the development of appropriate sourcing opportunities for assigned lines by providing thorough, up-to-date supplier history/capability research, as required.
2. Assists with operational support for contract merchandise, overseeing, implementing and monitoring office procedures for samples, Quality Assurance checks, documentation, supplier-buyer/customer communication, shipments and payments.
3. Assists in customer relations support for assigned lines by providing responsive communications as required, and by providing background analysis for the development of supplier/staff profiles and market updates. history/capability research, as required.
4. Assists in market research activities for assignment lines by maintaining Buyer/customer merchandiser "libraries" for fabrics, findings, etc., as required, and by assisting in the development of other specific research reports/tools, as required.
5. Assists in collecting market intelligence for JCPPC customers through the monitoring of market quota conditions and the investigation of competitor activities as necessary, contributing on-going analyses of business/quota situations and trends, as directed.
6. Supports smooth, efficient and effective Buyer/customer visits by assisting with trip planning and supplier meetings, by providing costing analyses, as required, and by managing operational follow up activities and requests.
7. Supports the negotiation process by providing cost comparison, delivery estimates, mill stauts, and any othe rpertinent information as required.
8. Handles special projects/assignments as assigned.
Reports To: Fabric Manager
Operating Budget: N/A
Direct Import Volume: N/A
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: College degree or equivalent business experience.
Experience: 2 - 4 years relevant experience
Specialized: Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
1. Fabric Manager, Fabric Sourincg & Technology Director
2. Works with Sourcing Managers & Product Development Team, Merchandiser Manager & Sr. Merchandisers as appropriate.
3. Ongoing communication with Assistant Merchandisers, Merchandisers and the FBO Sr. Merchandisers/Apparel.
4. Maintains effective working relationship with the Mill Representatives.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.