This job posting is no longer active.
Administrative Assistant – Customer Care
The Administrative Assistant – Customer Care will support and assist the Customer Care leadership team and Customer Care Director/VP with diversified administrative and equipment inventory responsibilities.
- Initiates and responds to internal customers.
- Participates in accomplishing tasks in assigned area, such as:
- Scheduling, compiling and distributing notes for leadership meetings.
- Preparing and completing work requests and follow-up.
- Setting up and maintaining files, logging, faxing, and distributing data.
- Calculationg, verifying and approving data based on specific guidelines for special projects.
- Drafts reports, memoranda and other media of a semi-technical nature for management’s review.
- Performs related clerical and administrative activities, such as typing, data entry, and setting up and maintaining files and databases.
- Uses PC to input and analyze data in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Balances expenses and submits expense reports for Customer Care leadership
- Completes periodic local supply errands outside of the Care Center.
- Operate within and exercise familiarity with departmental, organizational and Company policies and procedures; advanced training in subject matter.
- Shipping and receiving via USPS and UPS/Fedex, etc.
- Leads work activities such as:
- Scheduling and balancing workload
- Tracks and replenishes supplies and home agent equipment, including assembling equipment kits.
- Handling routine correspondence, such as routing departmental mail.
- Reviews databases and other documentation to compile information and initiate and respond to inquiries (from internal and external sources) orally and in writing.
- Perform other assigned tasks as requested.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and other Microsoft Business Applications (qualified applicants may be subject to Skill Assessment testing). Requires personal computing and working knowledge of other standard office equipment including computers, scanners, telephones, calculators and fax machines.
- Above average professional communication skills (verbal, written).
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative, organized, detail oriented, solution oriented, and attentive to follow-through. Requires the ability to work independently, make decisions and edit work of others.
- Math skills including fractions/decimals.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 months with JCPenney or other call center environment.
- Must possess and show a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation and insurance coverage to complete errands.
- Ability to complete the physical essential functions to maintain equipment inventory, shipping and receiving, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stretching, reaching, bending, pulling, etc.
What you get
We offer a fast-paced and energetic and professional work environment, competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match for eligible associates, and a generous associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical.
The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. JCPenney celebrates over 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Hybrid, Columbus, OH)
Location: Columbus, OH, United States - Cust Care Contct Ctr 5555 Scarborough Blvd
Job ID: 1114719
J.C. Penney Company Inc.