This job posting is no longer active.
Head of Organizational Design and Strategy
The Head of Organizational Design and Strategy
will support and assist the Sr Director of Talent Management
in leading talent practices in Stores, Supply Chain, Corporate Headquarters, our office in Bangalore, India, and in international buying offices across the globe. This includes activities such as performance management, succession planning, organizational change and design, and associate survey implementation. The Sr Manager will be a trusted advisor for senior leadership and HR business partners and have immediate impact to the associate population and Company.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- This role will focus on a range of talent and organizational strategies aimed to strengthen talent, maximize engagement, and set JCPenney up for success for all stages of the talent lifecycle (hiring, developing, engaging, coaching, and reviewing performance)
- Manages talent assessments, coaching leaders, as necessary (selection assessment, 360 development survey)
- Leads competency modeling, editing as business needs warrant
- Owns, updates, and executes the performance management process
- Establishes and executes career pathing and succession readiness activities, including ownership of talent and leadership reviews
- Provides guidance for associate development programs to identify high potential leaders and bench for a strong talent pipeline
- Designs, implements, and analyzes associate surveys focused on culture, engagement, new hire, exit, and ad-hoc needs. Makes recommendations and assists with action plans for improvement.
- Enables agility and scale through organizational structure design
- Creates and facilitates change management plans to drive adoption of strategies and programs
- Researches, designs and tracks metrics to measure effectiveness of talent practices
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with HR business partners, talent development team, functional leaders, key stakeholders, and third-party vendors to stay connected on talent management needs
- This role has one direct report to assist with executing talent responsibilities
What you get:
- 6+ years of experience working with or implementing talent management programs
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience in performance management, assessments (such as Hogan, Watson Glaser, Raven's), job analysis, competency modeling, selection and hiring, and engagement surveys
- Results-oriented, accountable, and meets deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group facilitation
- Ability to translate complex topics or theories into simple solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and uncertainty
- Willingness to engage in both strategic design and tactical implementation of talent practices
- Requires a graduate level degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, MBA, or HR-related field
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Organizational Development Director
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114126
J.C. Penney Company Inc.