Photo Production Senior Specialist
The Photo Production Senior Specialist
coordinates all aspects of photo/video production activities from inception to completion and payment processing enterprise-wide. Plans and coordinates photo shoot logistics and executes in conjunction with producer to provide resolution for creative and unexpected needs.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Secures studios, photographers and crews to ensure the talent and support required to produce brand-appropriate photography meets all creative and technical direction. Negotiates rates based upon project budgets and media usage. Finalizes pre-production and photo shoot schedules to deliver images on-time for all print and electronic media; preprints, direct mail events, in-store graphics, store guides, prospecting pieces, packaging, billboards, national magazines, ROPs, videos and jcp.com.
- Manages accuracy and distribution of shot lists for .com, print and electronic media. Leads pre-production meetings to align internal and external teams and communicate schedules, creative direction and project specifications.
- Revises photo shoot production plans as needed to address late-developing changes in marketing, creative direction and merchandise availability.
- Negotiates and approves vendor estimates. Manages budgets and costs. Tracks all production expenses including: crews, contractors, models, travel, locations, meals and props. Reconciles invoices and resolves overages consistent with Company-approved accounting procedures. Approves invoices for purchase order initiation and payment via Oracle. Finalizes balance sheets and supervises collection of data for archiving.
- Ensures the on time receipt and accuracy of images, enters shot counts into Filemaker for reporting.
- Prepares analysis by project. Assigns cost allocations within and between Packaging, Stores, Visual, Internet and National Advertising based upon where and how long each digital image or video is used.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Fine Arts, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in photo production, art buying, and on set production from either a studio production service, in house studio or ad agency background.
- Fashion or Retail category photography production and art buying experience required.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Service-oriented, able to form and build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates confidence and the ability to form and influence relationships with creative, production and casting teams.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to last minute changes, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proficiency in MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and FileMaker.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Photo Production Senior Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114690
J.C. Penney Company Inc.