Strategic Finance Senior Analyst
JCPenney seeks a Senior Financial Analyst that will be an asset to our strategic store transformation process. The new role is position will contribute to the organization by driving continuous store portfolio improvement with respect to performance analysis, profitability analytics, investment return analysis, and new store modeling support. This position will work closely with the Stores Finance, Construction and Real Estate teams to coordinate and prioritize project-based recommendations for of store portfolio. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Design, maintain, and enhance analytics that is presented to executives and others throughout the organization
- Support the development and execution of operational financial analysis and operating statement modeling to improve JCPenney results
- Work closely with the Vice Presidents of Operational Finance and Real Estate to support completion of key monthly performance analysis and results reporting are delivered accurately and on time
- Support the development of strategic store performance metrics, dependent / independent operation-based variables, and how they align with real estate attributes.
- Provide financial analysis (IRR, NPV and Discounted Payback), business insight and coordinate capital expenditure funding requests for business teams while validating compliance with accounting policies
- Address questions from leadership regarding analysis and reporting content as needed
- Utilize a proactive approach through the design of processes that ensures data accuracy/integrity and be able to effectively identify upstream data issues
- Complete adhoc/deep dive assignments as they occur and proactively seek opportunities to conduct analysis that will drive bottom line results for JCPenney
What you get:
- 3 - 5 years' experience preferably in an operation's driven industry / organization
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Analytics
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with many personalities, timelines, priorities and expectations
- Confidence to have direct conversations and performance discussions with business teams across all levels
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence across the organization
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access, Data Management, Data Analytics, SQL, Statistics experience a plus
- Ability to work independently to manage the completion of assignments
- Hyperion experience a plus
- Tableau experience a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Strategic Finance Senior Analyst
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114664
J.C. Penney Company Inc.