Director - Corporate FP&A
We are looking for an experienced Director, Corporate FP&A
to join our team. This critical position will have responsibility for the development and implementation of an enterprise level long-term value creation model, maintain and drive adherence to a corporate financial planning calendar, and provide advanced analytical and strategic support for internal and BoD meetings and communications. Reporting to the Vice President, Head of Corporate FP&A, the Director will work closely with senior leaders across finance, strategy, and commercial / operational areas to drive critical financial information, business metrics and market insights to enable the company to make optimal investment, operational and management decisions. As a creative, curious, and analytical thought leader, the Director will improve decision support analytics leading to long-term value creation, establish best practices as it relates to corporate finance measures, and help align the broader organization around planning and forecasting cadence to ensure success of company initiatives.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead the effort to create and maintain a long-term value creation model and champion best practices
- The long-term value creation model should help deliver positive results by gathering and analyzing performance driving information, formulating alternatives, and developing actionable recommendations leading to shareholder value creation.
- Engages in the strategic decision-making process and advise leaders on financial return profiles that drive initiative prioritization and delivery of results based on risk and return profile.
- Proactively provides actionable insights and data, reports, and supporting analytics to the Finance and senior leadership teams to align short-term/long-term financial plans with the benefits from the company initiatives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to analyze business performance by identifying gaps between forecast and goals; providing feedback to leadership regarding risks associated with the forecasts
- Works to build long-term trusted advisor relationships with senior leadership that enable the role to influence strategic planning, develop operating/capital plans, and ensuring visibility of the impact on financial performance
- Maintains and drives the major planning calendar deliverables including annual operating plan (AOP), long-rang plans, forecasts and monthly outlooks to ensure alignment across the enterprise resulting in a best-in-class planning and forecasting process.
- High story-telling ability to support preparation of BoD materials (quarterly meetings and monthly performance recaps) and internal senior leadership operating meeting materials (Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.)
What you get:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in corporate planning, modeling, and Exec/board level reporting.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel modeling skills to create value-added perspectives for strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated strong PowerPoint skills to create clear and concise information in support of strategic decision making and internal/ external BoD / investor communication.
- Empowered self-starter capable of developing cross-team working relationships and ability to work with senior level business leaders to identify solutions to drive the business forward with urgency.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills required to drive value creation, resource planning, and performance tracking of investment strategies.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to "roll-up" sleeves and respond with urgency to ensure timely and accurate planning, reporting, and analysis.
- Embraces a growth mindset while listening to and proposing new ideas that improve our processes and practices. Appy ideas and champion new initiatives.
- Previous experience working in a retail environment would be of high value but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, MBA preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director - Corporate FP&A
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114582
J.C. Penney Company Inc.