BI Data Engineer II
We are looking for an Engineer II
to join our growing team of data experts. This role is responsible for developing, maintaining and optimizing data pipelines, delivering data timely to our cross-functional teams and support reporting and analytics. The Engineer will work closely with analyst, report developers, architects, data scientists and other engineers on data initiatives and will be involved in designing our next generation of data platform architecture to support increasing data demands. Primary Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product and IT stakeholders to understand business needs, gather data requirements, and translate them into structured data models-ensuring data consistency, integrity, and optimal performance.
- Design, develop, and maintain the systems and infrastructure (i.e., data pipelines) necessary for the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of large volumes of data.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts, Data Scientist, and Business Analytics users to provide access to clean and organized data for various business purposes.
- Partner with Enterprise and Solution Architects to implement continuous improvement processes to protect, govern, automate, and scale data platform.
- Participate in data governance initiatives and contribute to maintaining data dictionaries and documentation to facilitate effective data management and analysis.
- Responsible for break/fix support (triage and resolution) of data systems, applications, and processes in production and in lower environments.
We are looking for candidate with 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role and has attained bachelor's degree in technology and has experienced with Agile/Scrum development process and methodologies.
What you get:
- Proficient in MicroStrategy data integration and Infrastructure design/build (i.e., schema design, dimensional data modeling, semantic layer design, reporting, and data/object level security).
- Proficient in managing data across multiple platforms (Snowflake, Oracle, AWS Redshift)
- Proficient in data query and language (SQL, Python)
- Experience in developing data models, ingestion processes, and data extracts to support data consumption tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, Datameer).
- Experience with data governance processes (linage, profiling, classification, and regulatory compliance).
- Working knowledge of data ingestion ETL/ELT tool (Informatica).
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud services (S3, EC2, EMR).
- Retail experience is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Engineer 2 - Data and Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114224
J.C. Penney Company Inc.