Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do you enjoy knowing your business inside and out? Do you like interacting with clients and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to get big results? Do you like being a part of something that's never been done before? Well...being a Salon Leader in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Salon Leader's role is to understand the levers and indicators that affect the salon business and coach their team of Specialists and Experts to deliver an amazing shopping experience for their clients.Primary Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading your team - You've led people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store's success.
• Responsible for analyzing business performance - You know the numbers. You know what they mean and what affects them on a daily basis. You review reports and any other information you can get your hands on to better understand how and why your business performs the way it does - and then take action to make a difference.
• Supports Talent Management process - You actively search for talent for your salon. You're quite comfortable hunting for great talent in the market and approaching them about opportunities. There's no grass that grows under your feet when it comes to finding talent for your openings.
• Responsible for assisting clients - You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the salon to find something new. On rare occasions you may even provide services to clients to satisfy their needs.
• Supports the execution of the monthly SET - You walk the salon and prepare for new merchandise. You are all about core standards and you work with the team to ensure the salon is presenting an engaging and safe environment.
• Responsible for making visual merchandise decisions - You have a keen interest in keeping the salon clean and visually stimulating for our brands and ultimately your clients. You walk the floor and find opportunities to ensure the merchandise is restocked, replenished, and presented to visual standards and when they're not...you know just what to do.Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• People Skills - You are outgoing and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Business Analytics - You like numbers and metrics and enjoy sharing your insight with others on how you and your team can affect them every day!
• Decision Making - You evaluate situations effectively and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
• Passion for Salon - You love the salon environment. You love being on your feet, moving around, handling product, and making people look and feel great!
*This position requires a current cosmetology license in order to be considered as an applicant.What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Salon Manager - Galleria at Roseville
Location: Roseville, CA, United States -
Job ID: 1114175
J.C. Penney Company Inc.