Director, Payment Sales Promotion - Payment Services (Credit)
The Director, Payment Sales Promotion
reports to the Vice-President, Consumer Payments (Credit)
and leads the development and implementation of JCPenney's Credit marketing and Gift Card marketing plans. Focus is on the acquisition and retention of customers to JCPenney (Credit Card Program or Gift Card) and deepening relationships with existing JCPenney customers through migration into the JCPenney Card Program. Serves as the JCPenney Marketing lead for the Credit Marketing relationship with the Credit Card Program's bank partner, and as a member of the Payments leadership team along with the Director, Payment Operations, Sr. Director, FP&A, and Vice-President, Consumer Payments. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Annual P&L responsibility for driving multi-billion dollar credit card program sales dollars and achievement of the payment function's 5 year credit card sales objectives
- Annual P&L responsibility for driving multi-million dollar Gift Card program sales (load) dollars and achievement of the payment function's 5 year Gift Card sales (load) objectives
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical marketing programs designed to further engage the credit card program customer through increased retention and higher annual spending per account
- Work in partnership with our credit card program partner and Store Operations to drive credit card program new account acquisition
- Accountability for the presence, and smooth execution, of all Payment Tender marketing efforts across all enterprise channels / touchpoints
- Coordinate/Integrate with Marketing and Loyalty on all Payments related marketing projects, to include developing recommendations for how the Credit Card Program is represented across all customer touchpoints (pseudo-channel plan)
- Accountability for successful implementation of all marketing related projects and initiatives involving JCP's credit card issuer
- Monitoring and improvement of the customer's experience with the Penney's brand as experienced through the customer's wallet and multi-tender reward program
- Principal marketing contact for all Gift Card Affiliate Network partners
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree or 5+ years of appropriate equivalent work experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong Project Management skills through active past leadership and/or participation in major cross-functional projects, Rewards/Loyalty programs, and/or Retailer branded card programs
- Experience with / knowledge of multi-tender or credit card loyalty programs and lifecycle credit card marketing
- Customer-centric mindset
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to adapt to change, and self-starter
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools: i.e. Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Credit Marketing Communications Director Payment Sales Promotions (Credit Services)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114177
J.C. Penney Company Inc.