Senior Manager - Treasury
The Senior Manager Treasury
manages the treasury management function of the Company. This includes leading the daily management and investment of the Company's cash balances under the direction of the Vice President, Treasurer. Additionally, this position is primarily responsible for the accurate forecasting of future company cash balances and making recommendations related to borrowing and investing. The Senior Manager - Treasury reports to the Vice President, Treasury. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Ensures compliance with the Company's overall banking, financing, and investment policies and standards of long-term financial performance of the Company's operations.
- Develops and maintains accurate cash forecasts for intermediate and long-term needs, as well as potential financing needs for new Company programs.
- Performs financial analyses of proposed plans and programs under consideration by management and special analyses as required.
- Maintains appropriate and effective allocation of the Company's treasury management business, including recommending the selection of depository banks, and adjusting bank balances as required to maintain sound banking relationships and an equitable distribution of the Company's treasury management business.
- Ensures the provision of safe and efficient methods of the transfer of funds and the safeguarding, control and prudent investing of Company securities and cash resources.
- Manages debt and other agreement compliance reporting to ensure timely reporting and meeting of all relevant deadlines.
- Collaborates with other Finance Department management team members to ensure compliance with policies, accuracy of forecasting needs and consistency in execution of policies and procedures across the Department in project and program results.
- Counsels' management on the implementation and operation of Treasurer's related programs, and, whenever appropriate, disseminates new techniques and approaches to Company management.
- Participates in establishing Treasurer's standards, controls, and measurements for operating management's use.
- Leads and directs activities of the manager treasury operation and cash manager.
- Provides other analytical support to the Vice President, Treasurer
What you get:
- Minimum of five to seven years of multi-national treasury experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or accounting required; master's degree in a related business discipline preferred.
- Experience with Treasury Workstation (Kyriba or similar workstation).
- Certified Treasury Professional certification preferred.
- Investor relations experience is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager - Treasury
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114043
J.C. Penney Company Inc.