Construction Services Project Manager
The Construction Services Project Manager oversees assigned projects executing all phases of construction for new ground ups, take overs, renovations, rollouts, repair projects and any new company initiatives for JCP stores and support facilities. The PM is the key player on every project that pulls all groups together to achieve the company's goals and provide an enhanced shopping experience for our customersPrimary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- SCOPE - The PM reviews and clarifies project scope. The PM is required to attend meetings along with making site visits to ensure that the plans and scopes are accurate for bidding.
- BUDGET - The PM manages all budgets directly and indirectly for all assigned projects. The PM is responsible to forecast all costs on a timely basis utilizing the JCP Project Management Platform. The PM is responsible to manage change orders and make sure their projects are within or under budget.
- SCHEDULES - The PM works with home office team, store team and general contractor team to create and project schedules and deadlines. PM will then make sure that the GC stays on schedule and completes on time.
- COMMUNICATION - The PM is responsible to clearly deliver all communication to the working team and leadsership consistently and timely for all assigned projects.
- MATERIAL PROCUREMENT - The PM will verify and schedule all fixtures and building equipment deliveries. PM will work with Construction Operations and procurement to order new materials and fixtures. PM will also need to follow up with and track all missing, shorted, damaged materials.
- BIDDING AND CONTRACT MANGEMENT - The PM prepares bid packages for all projects. The PM reviews all plans, decors, details and specifications for accuracy and completeness. The PM provides guidance for coordination and construction. The PM bids out projects utilizing the JCP Project Management Platform. The PM conditions the bids and obtains approvals for award. The PM is responsible to execute contracts prior to the work starting.
- PROJECTS - The PM conducts project kick off and all subsequent meetings. The PM performs site visits to verify scopes, make sure project is on schedule, project is under budget and quality of work is acceptable. The PM is responsible to closeout projects in a timely matter making sure all reports, pictures, back ups and documents meet the company closeout guidelines.
- OTHER MANAGEMENT - On select projects the PM is assigned as the SME (Subject Matter Expert). The PM works with divisions and leadership in developing new Company initiatives. The PM will then develop scope, budget, schedule and material/fixture orders. They will be responsible to test the projects in assigned markets. If results come back successful they will train and implement the rollout for selected stores with the rest of the team.
What you get:
- College degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, and/or Construction Management is desirable.
- 5 - 10 years of industry experience in Construction Project Management on retail related construction projects.
- Must have general knowledge of building codes, regulations, construction costs and building materials.
- Overall Computer and software skills. Must have experience with the basics such as Microsoft Products and advanced construction management software packages.
- Highly effective team leadership, organizational, and planning skills needed. Ability to see the big picture, anticipate and plan ahead.
- Ability to travel to construction projects.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Construction Services Project Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113944
J.C. Penney Company Inc.