This job posting is no longer active.
Engineer 1 - Enterprise Storage and Backup Infrastructure
We are seeking an Engineer 1 for Enterprise Storage and Backup portfolios to join the Technology Infrastructure organization as a member of the Storage & Backup team. This team works across a multi-platform, distributed environment, to ensure uninterrupted data storage technology operations and timely recovery in the event of an impact to critical infrastructure. In this role, you will act as the technical subject matter expert, monitoring and fine-tuning storage infrastructure and ensuring our data storage operates to its best.Critical Primary Responsibilities:
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- Support of various Enterprise data storage and backup technologies installed on Data centers, Edge for various workloads (File, Database, Virtualization).
- Ensure all aspects of storage function is operating to its best supported by monitoring and alerting in a manner consistent with our standards; collect the right metrics about storage failures and perform RCA.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Infra engineering, ops, and architects to understand complex application architectures to implement effective data storage and protection solutions.
- Contribute innovative solutions which incorporates and enhance with automation on existing storage technologies implemented in data center & edge locations.
- Be willing to spread their wings and learn on storage and backup technologies.
- Provide on-call support for off hours and weekends.
- Monitor service requests and work orders for the group and ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Support Storage and Backup infrastructure incidents and resolve them as per SLA standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years of information technology experience in a relevant critical storage and backup infrastructure experience with the following product, technologies, and management tools:
- Storage: Dell EMC PMAX, Pure and NetApp File Storage; Cisco MDS SAN.
- Backup: Cohesity and Data Domain
- Experience / Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating system management and administration.
- Understanding of Storage (SAN, NAS, Hybrid) concepts and data protection topologies.
- Familiarity with LAN/WAN technologies and clear understanding of basic network concepts / services.
- Good understanding of workflow management and ITSM tools such as Remedy.
- Provides root-cause analysis, contributes to the knowledge base, and provides recommendations for continuous improvements to workflow, process, and technology.
- Drive to operationalize and automate the day-to-day tasks with knowledge of Python or any other scripting technologies such as shell scripting.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and determination.
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Some understanding of Agile, Cloud and DevOps methodologies
- Delivery of bug fixes and operational break fixes seen within the environment
- Ability to work well in a Global environment
What you get:
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Engineer 1 Enterprise Storage and Backup Infrastructure
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113904
J.C. Penney Company Inc.