Field Communications Manager
The Field Communications Manager will drive associate-facing communication and engagement efforts at JCPenney, with a concerted focus on the Supply Chain organization across our Home Office, Field, Bangalore and Hong Kong. Day-to-day responsibilities include understanding enterprise initiatives and priorities and identifying compelling and practical ways to cascade information to our associates in the field. The Manager's approach should aim to inform and inspire associates through clear and compelling communication and creative strategies that build community.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Partner with Supply Chain leadership team to identify immediate and long-term vision for how communications can enhance the associates' experience.
- Serve as the primary communications partner to the Supply Chain organization, developing end-to-end communications for key issues impacting its 4,000 associates, including but not limited to learning and development, compensation and benefits, work policies, talent acquisition, etc.
- Collaborate closely with HR for Supply Chain and the field teams to become fully immersed in our supply chain operations and familiar with the needs of our associate base.
- Write and own all intranet content for the Supply Chain audience.
- Identify opportunities to innovate around current vehicles/initiatives based on performance metrics, regular feedback from stakeholders, and industry-best practices.
- Serve as the connector between company-wide communications and the supply chain audience, ensuring messaging is accurate, while also being tailored to their specific needs and behaviors.
- Demonstrate exceptional judgement, agility and thought partnership when collaborating with stakeholders, including crisis response as needed.
- Lead with initiative, resilience and ownership and actively identify ways to continuously connect our field teams back to our corporate purpose and share the latest news and performance.
- Engage with energy and curiosity as you tour distribution centers and meet with our diverse field teams.
- Maintain current knowledge of broader supply chain news, trends and issues; serve as an informed thought partner and collaborator to the team.
- Support related enterprise-wide internal communications efforts, as needed.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Business Communications or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 8 years of proven experience and expertise in writing and editing in various formats and voices for a range of communications channels, such as internal emails or newsletters, executive communications, social media channels or press releases.
- Knowledge of retail operations and business and/or experience with key executives including HR, Supply Chain, Field Operations, Inclusion and Diversity amongst others.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines while establishing and delivering on communication goals.
- Exceptional writing, grammar and copyediting skills that can effectively be executed on short timelines.
- Experience and comfort with aspects of external communication (e.g., media pitching, press release, social media posts) is preferable
- Strong demonstration of teamwork, managing work, communication and cross-functional relationship building.
- Willingness to travel 25%
- This position is fully remote but proximity to one of our supply chain centers is preferred (locations include San Bernardino CA, Reno NV, Lenexa KS, Alliance and Cedar Hill TX, Atlanta GA, Columbus OH, Statesville NC and Manchester CT)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Field Communications Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113891
J.C. Penney Company Inc.