Senior Manager - Digital Engineering (Cart & Checkout, Customer Account & Customer Care Experience)
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead engineering teams responsible for 'Bottom of Funnel' Experience (Cart & Checkout, Customer Account and Rewards) on JCpenney.com and FindMore (In-Store ordering and Customer Care Portal) application.
The ideal candidate for this position should have extensive software engineering and development background, with proven experience in architecting & building highly scalable enterprise software sytems. You will be leading a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver rich omni-channel customer experiences for JCPenney.com as well as experiences for our in-store ordering and customer care application. You will be expected to improve team agility and efficiency through active mentoring and implementing software engineering best practices. You will need enough technical depth to drive software development standards and best practices.
You will work with the Product Owners in an agile (scrum) environment, to plan and deliver on key initiatives, ensure that the teams have appropriate requirements, direction, and resources to deliver effectively. You will be responsible for overall software quality and help in facilitating design & architecture discussions as necessary. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead global technology agile teams, through all phases of software development, to deliver strategic inititatives for JCPenney's customer facing eCommerce and internal applications on-time, with high quality and within budget.
- Collaborate with architecture, product, DevOps, UX, release management and business operations teams on defining and executing on product backlog and technology roadmap.
- Ensure extensibility, maintainability, performance & scalability of the ecommerce site, as well internal applications.
- Manage and participate in cross-functional delivery of large-scale and complex projects, often involving multiple internal and external teams and stake-holders.
- Manage budgets and project finances.
- Oversee software development efforts, engaging in code/design reviews and architectural choices as necessary.
- Provide career development for associates through active mentoring, goal setting, continuous feedback and providing opportunities to grow their skillset.
- Lead others to work effectively in a strong customer service and team oriented environment.
What you get:
- 10+ years' experience, with 3+ years in leadership role.
- Ability to lead high- performance global engineering teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead a team of highly technical software engineering staff and earn trust of team members and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in developing customer facing experiences in Ecommerce domain.
- Strong technical background in enterprise scale software development and management.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to drive change.
- Experience in career development and talent management.
- Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFE) and project management discipline.
- Strong inter-personal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in Retail is a plus.
- Experience in cloud (AWS) is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager - Digital Engineering (Cart & Checkout, Customer Account & Customer Care Experience)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113893
J.C. Penney Company Inc.