Accounting Analyst - General LedgerSalt Lake City, Utah
With varying degrees of supervision, develops, implements, and operates reporting and analytical activities within assigned functions. This role will also support the effective processing and accumulation of financial data and its timely presentation to operating management. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Performs assigned reporting and analytical activities to provide timely delivery of financial information to appropriate Company management that accurately measures financial results and enhances decision making.
- Develops, implements, and conducts projects and analysis, as assigned, to ensure that proper and cost-effective controls are included in systems and processes.
- Develops and refines techniques that support reporting standards, controls, and measurements for management's use.
- Collects and compiles data and presents oral and written reports to support development, implementation, or evaluation of analytical and accounting-related programs and procedures. Identifies areas in current systems and procedures that should be reviewed for improvement.
- Develops or supervises the development of proper written documentation for all finance, analytical and reporting-related processes in assigned functions.
- Assists in review of account reconciliations including research and analysis on reconciling items.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Analytical, Decision Making, and Conceptual Skills
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, systems, operations, standards, and reports that apply to financial reporting.
- Experienced user of SQL query tools
- Cross-functional enterprise understanding and the ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Demonstrates ability to lead multiple processes
- Experienced with data mining and independently able to find and analyze data to provide recommendations to management.
- Capable of managing workload and prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Quickly learn and understand systems.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and drive results
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related major OR 5 years of progressive reporting and analytical experience with exposure to multiple aspects of these functions.
- Familiarity with Data Mining and Lean Tools, as well as Microsoft Office products, Oracle R12, AssureNET, and Reconnect software tools preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma certification a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Accounting Analyst - General Ledger
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1113862
J.C. Penney Company Inc.