Principal Program Manager - Technology
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager
to help manage cross functional technology programs while providing portfolio level support across multiple business units. This role will be responsible for Portfolio Management and other PMO functions such as financial Portfolio Management for the Technology organization and Program Management over a large, high visibility program. This role partners with PM's, Project Directors, and Finance to ensure our Technology commitments are met and our overall portfolio is within plan and will drive cross functional initiatives to completion using standard Program Management practices and disciplines in task management, scheduling, budgeting, risk and issue resolution, communications, and escalations.
If you thrive in collaborating with multiple teams and can influence business and technical leaders in a fast-paced environment, have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, we want to talk to you.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Overall Portfolio Management for large portfolio of technology projects
- Establish and implement program/project management best practices across Information Technology.
- Work closely with PM's, Project Directors, Technology Leadership, and Finance leadership to manage program-level planning by tracking milestones and ensuring accurate deliverables including monthly project portfolio forecasts, releases, dependencies, variance analysis and reporting, budget mitigation and reduction when necessary
- Manage portfolio financial controls, PMOTL tooling, and communications
- Create and manage central PMO health reporting of technology projects to ensure proper utilization of Technology resources including financials, associates, and contractors
- Lead large complexity Programs from concept to implementation as required
- Design, develop, manage complex project plans, revising needs to meet changing priorities
- Utilizing standard portfolio and program management processes and tools to assess status and provide recommendations and execute on course corrections as needed (don't just measure, actively engage to fix the problem)
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Train and mentor project managers
What you get:
- 7 - 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Highly motivated and self-directing individuals who have prior experience in large, complex project environments
- Experience managing release cycles or programs involving multiple project managers and cross-functional development/testing teams
- Program/Project Management experience in software development methodologies and principles (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) required
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams
- Strong experience with project financials, forecasting, and P&L impacts
- Experience with onsite/offshore coordination
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Certification in the field of Project Management and Agile methods is preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Principal Program Manager Technology
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113833
J.C. Penney Company Inc.