This job posting is no longer active.
Executive Staff Assistant - Legal
The Executive Staff Assistant provides comprehensive support and ensures smooth, efficient operation of the office of an executive and overall department, as assigned.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Manages requests for the executive's time by using judgment about the important and priority of each request while maintaining the satisfaction of those making requests; delegating or directing requests as necessary.
- Responsible for calendar management (including coordination of travel plans); opening, sorting and prioritizing incoming mail; answering phones and relaying messages; greeting visitors (internal and external); ordering departmental supplies; preparing expense reports; maintaining files.
- Reviews incoming inquiries and communications on behalf of the executive, determines level of urgency, and takes appropriate action; represents the executive by communicating on his or her behalf in internal or external audiences, when appropriate, in a positive and professional manner.
- Assists the executive with departmental projects as assigned, including budgeting and group events.
- Works closely with associates at all levels to provide appropriate access to or information from the executive.
- Point of contact for executive and department for external guests, customers and business associates, as needed.
- Maintains regular contact with the executive's direct reports.
What you get:
- High school education is required. College degree is preferred.
- 6+ years' experience at JCPenney or comparable company as an Executive Assistant; demonstrated success in handling executive level activities with efficiency and poise.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality on sensitive business and other related matters
- Outstanding communication/relationship management skills
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, discretion and diplomacy in all areas of responsibility
- Strong administrative and clerical skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Possesses strong organization skills, ability to multi-task high volume work requests and re-prioritize independently; pro-actively problem-solves.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, strong flexibility and adaptability, exceptional composure under stressful circumstances; strong diplomatic skills; responsiveness
- Team player; regularly assists other associates.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Executive Staff Assistant - Legal
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113547
J.C. Penney Company Inc.