Lead Engineer - Marketing Technology
JCPenney is seeking a Lead Engineer to help us implement, manage, and support highly reliable, scalable, and available marketing technology solutions. This person will help us to push new features and bug fixes from development to production in a predictable, automated, low risk and agile manner. We are looking for candidates who are constant learners, who are self-motivated and motivate their peers, who are positive and pragmatic, who communicate and collaborate, who take responsibility and ownership, and who are driven by the quality and success of team.
If this is you, come join us!Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead the marketing and loyalty systems team's technical direction by exploring and implementing the best-in-class technologies and advocating the use of best practices, libraries, and tools for customer management platform.
- Work directly with partner engineering teams, product management and internal business stake holders to define contracts, dependencies and communicate technical capabilities
- Collaborate with product managers, analysts, front & back-end developers to deliver high quality software
- Collaborate with architecture and engineering leadership on technology roadmap and strategy.
- Troubleshoot pre- and post-production functional and non-functional issues
- Stay up to date on the latest industry technology trends and practices
- Strong Java/Spring Boot/Spark expertise
- Understanding of MarTech stack including MDM, CRM, CDP, Campaign Management, Preference Management platforms.
- Data modeling/analysis is strongly desired.
- Expert experience building high-performant cloud native applications using micro services.
- Ability to review and provide feedback in code reviews. Design reusable components (using design patterns). Experience with unit & test-driven approach to development
- Experience with Restful API and API Security frameworks.
- Experience in working with Marketing & Loyalty solutions.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing integrations with third party systems including SSO.
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools(Jenkins, Travis)
- Extensive experience in identifying opportunities to improve performance, stability, and scalability of enterprise web applications
- Work experience in Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with AWS cloud is preferred.
- Familiarity with Data Structures, Algorithms, and general Computer Science Fundamentals
- Understanding of best practices in the development/deployment of AI/ ML based applications preferred.
- Mentor junior engineers
What you get:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience with java application development.
- 2+ years of experience in lead engineer role.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Lead Engineer Marketing Technology
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113574
J.C. Penney Company Inc.