Enterprise Senior Program Manager
JCPenney is looking for an Enterprise SR Program Manager to join our Transformation team where he or she will ensure the success between 1-3 of our most strategic, cross-functional initiatives. This Program Management role will work with cross-functional partners to look across value chains and business processes, identifying and sequencing work to unlock new capabilities and to improve effectiveness and/ or efficiency. This role will understand the operations of retail and ecommerce businesses and use that to embed our cross-functional program work in the key processes, structures and cadences of the business. The role will be responsible for keeping the work of the Program on track, providing visibility to status and financial goals and raising issues as early as possible. We are looking for a who has experience and passion for partnering with the leaders across the Enterprise to seek out and deliver innovative, empowering solutions.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Support and enable the execution of the Transformation roadmaps in the different functions across the Enterprise
- Work closely with the Business Owner, Product Manager, Technical Lead and key Subject Matter Experts to capture and communicate the drivers of value creation, the sequence and sequencing logic, action plans and deliverables- using tools including multi-quarter roadmaps, program charters, milestone tracking and weekly program health checks.
- Assume responsibility for achieving value creation, ensuring cross-functional program teams are on track to meet or exceed objectives
- Ensure alignment with other Enterprise programs or projects
- Facilitate key program meetings (stand ups, working sessions, steering committees) to ensure all team members understand their roles, responsibilities and have what they need to be successful
- Develop and manage cross-functional program roadmaps in partnership with Product Managers and Technical Project Managers
- Work with Business Owner and Product Manager to identify and secure resources to fill key gaps (such as securing finance or analytics support on KPI tracking)
What you get:
- BS/BA required, advanced degree or qualification (such as PMP), desirable
- Experience working with Product Management or technology teams
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with peers and stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Possess strong communication skills to translate vision, progress and blockers into easily-understood materials (slides, status trackers)
- Preferred 5+ years' experience in project or program management supporting large, complex efforts
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change across technology and business teams.
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities
- Relationship building and influence
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to link between the macro level of a program and the micro level of project or process detail
- Ability to manage multiple program teams
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Comfort prioritizing, balancing speed and quality, and working backward from key milestones
- Strong problem analysis and decision-making ability with an aptitude for learning
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Enterprise Senior Program Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113407
J.C. Penney Company Inc.