This position can be based in the Bay Area, CA, Seattle, WA or Phoenix AZThis role supports 3 Districts, 60+ stores across multiple geographic markets throughout northern California, the Pacific Northwest, and the Mountain West.The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Store organization. The HRBP will be focused on driving our Associate Value Proposition by delivering business results and increasing organizational effectiveness and efficiency.Primary Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with business leaders to develop and implement talent strategies, initiatives, and solutions that support business needs.
• Provides expert counsel and coaching to leaders and associates on HR programs, policies and procedures, associate relations issues, conflict resolution, change management, inclusion & diversity, performance management and organizational development and design.
• Oversees the development and implementation of succession planning and talent reviews that identify top talent, expose talent gaps and builds marketing capabilities.
• Partners with Talent Acquisition and unit leadership to best support sourcing and staffing a diverse workforce, and ensures a positive onboarding experience.
• Drives the Associate Value Proposition through the launch and communication of initiatives that keep associates at the center. Monitors engagement and continuously looks for creative solutions to improve engagement through HR initiatives. Conducts stay and exit interviews to track trends, and provide key insights.
• Leverages specialist partners to build HR tools and expertise to support client groups.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on HR projects as needed.
• Travel is estimated at 10-30%Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• Minimum of 5-8 years' experience in an HRBP and/or HR role providing strategic advice, coaching, and counsel to leaders and associates in a highly complex and dynamic business setting
• Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience
• SPHR or PHR certification preferredWhat you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner - Stores
Location: Payroll Use-State Of, CA, United States -
Job ID: 1113546
J.C. Penney Company Inc.