Supply Chain Operations Manager Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Leads the department Associates by creating/sharing a common vision/direction and an understanding of the organization's strategy.
- Communicates and works with managers and Associates of other areas in the course of managing and accomplishing operational objectives of the department and total unit.
- Supports and coordinates with managers of all levels to achieve the goals and objectives of the unit and other parts of the supply chain.
- Ensure the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of all processes performed within given area of responsibility.
- Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of CustomerFirst Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
- Plans and manages the programs and activities of the assigned department to ensure the complex/critical processes/procedures of this area are followed accurately and efficiently on a multi-shift basis to achieve department and unit business plans and priorities.
- Resolves problems in the assigned department to keep activities on track; refers to appropriate Associate(s) for resolution if assistance or specialized expertise is required; initiates crisis management methods if situation could cause business disruptions.
- Observes and reviews Associate performance, ensuring appropriate execution of procedures and practices, and that all departmental functions are effectively and efficiently performed.
- Leads the department by engaging and supporting Associates by providing direction, coaching and feedback, and recognition, while efficiently and effectively supporting customers.
- Promotes good communication throughout assigned department to achieve thorough understanding of processes and procedures.
- Communicates issues with Associates in other logistics units and the Home Office as they relate to assigned area.
- Builds and maintains good business relationships with external service providers and other industry contacts in the course of managing the assigned department.
What you get:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent logistics related experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience with demonstrated success in overseeing a logistics function in high volume, multi-shift environment.
- Superior supervisory and development abilities; strong verbal and written communication skills; able to prioritize multiple tasks, functions, and responsibilities in a fast paced environment; good critical thinking skills for proactive planning and crisis management.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Supply Chain Department Mgr
Location: Haslet, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113557
J.C. Penney Company Inc.