This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Engineer - Marketing & Loyalty
We are looking for a Senior Engineer
to join our Digital Platform team working on jcp.com and omni-channel initiatives, with a focus on Marketing & Loyalty technology. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, the Senior Engineer will provide innovative technology solutions to help drive key business needs and initiatives in an AGILE Environment.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Work directly with other JCPenney IT teams as well as JCPenney business teams to communicate technical capabilities and own complete development responsibilities for single or multiple product teams
- Work with business analysts to estimate and design effective, scalable and maintainable solutions that meet business initiatives and objectives
- Develop and unit test software that meets business requirements and technical design
- Work directly with other JCPenney IT associates as well as JCPenney business customers to communicate technical capabilities
- Troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations
- Propose new ideas when there is strong business value and stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques
What you get:
- 5+ years of experience developing in Java technologies with equivalent experience in systems analysis, OO design, OO programming and debugging skills
- 3+ years of Java Spring Framework development along with Spring Boot & Microservices experience
- 2+ years of NoSQL experience (preferably Cassandra)
- 2+ years of cloud computing experience (mostly AWS)
- Experience developing and using RESTful APIs (preferably micro services)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux command line and shell scripting
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Experience with Java application profiling and profiling tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Marketing & Loyalty Domain preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Marketing & Loyalty
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113527
J.C. Penney Company Inc.