Government Affairs & CSR Senior Specialist
JCPenney is looking for a Government Affairs & Corporate Social Responsibility Senior Specialist to join our team, reporting to the Head of Government Affairs.Candidate must be located in the Washington D.C.- or DFW-area to be considered. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Develop monthly policy and politics newsletters to be distributed to internal stakeholders.
- Administers and maintains policies and objectives involving local, state, and federal government affairs.
- Legislatively supports and protects organization interests by working with government, associated authorities and all committees.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory activities, oversees the implementation of policies that support organizational goals.
- Analyzes proposed legislative actions and determines the potential impact on the organization.
- Assisting the company in the development, management, and modification of social responsibility policies.
- Increasing public awareness of a company's social responsibility commitments through marketing.
- Reiterating the company's social responsibility policies through internal communication.
What you get:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Awareness of current political leadership and government policy trends.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Previous experience and success with stakeholder advocavy and education initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact in a small team environment and to multi-task a number of projects at once.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills, and good political insight.
- Strong external stakeholder engagement experience.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Understanding the legislative process (State and Federal).
- Exceptional communication skills, including storytelling to effectively convey the organizations purpose and impact.
- 2-5 years experience in Government Affairs or closely related position.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Government Affairs & CSR Senior Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113488
J.C. Penney Company Inc.