Field Investigator Asset Protection (Northern California)
The Field Investigator will support and assist the Field Investigations Manager with day-to-day responsibilities investigating high priority asset protection cases involving organized retail crime, fencing operations, online marketplace, fraud, profit, .com, cargo theft and critical incidents.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for conducting investigative activities related to Organized Retail Crime (ORC). Gathers and analyzes intelligence on individuals and Booster Groups involved in ORC.
- Conducts stationary, foot and mobile surveillances as necessary to develop case intelligence. Partners and consistently utilizes the Central Investigations Center to progress investigations to closure. Travels to markets assigned as necessary to perform job duties.
- Thoroughly documents information gathered during investigations to aid in successful prosecution of suspects. Creates, maintains, and manages records using company approved methods, proper retention of evidence and disposition of evidence. Upon successful completion of investigation, prepares professional case files and refers cases to law enforcement for prosecution. Attends hearings as required and updates appropriate files with court-related outcomes.
- Maintains relationship with local law enforcement, state and national law enforcement as necessary, key retail partners, Organized Retail Crime Associations (ORCA's), and appropriate prosecution authorities.
- Provides guidance to store AP teams on investigative plans as necessary.
- Supports stores in cases of significant business disruptions (robbery, protests, natural disasters, etc.).
- Works with other Field Investigators, Store AP teams, District AP, Central Investigations, and Home Office AP on special projects.
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including but not limited to product and service sales, customer service, productivity, and attendance.
What you get:
- 5-7+ years related Asset Protection Investigation Experience
- Systems knowledge, AP systems, CCTV, exception reporting; Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Drives Results, Thinks Critically, Embrases Growth Mindset, Takes Accountability, Prioritizes Customers, Demonstrates Leadership
- High School or Equivelent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Field Investigator Asset Protection (Northern California)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113390
J.C. Penney Company Inc.