Sr. Manager Communications and Workload - Store Operations Location: DFW/Hybrid
The Sr. Manager Communications and Workload - Store Operations
will be responsible for the planning and flow of workload from the home office to the stores as well as the development and delivery of clear, concise, and timely communications. The Sr. Manager will serve as the primary store workload gatekeeper ensuring workload plans are prioritized, in line with budgets, and produce an acceptable return on investment (ROI). The Sr. Manger will support multiple cross functional business partners in their communication and workload effort. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Oversee and lead the planning of store workload at a corporate level with a focus on alignment of task needs with budget to ensure we deliver relevant, well planned tasks, with an acceptable ROI, to drive the business
- Lead all aspects of the workload process including monthly review process, off cadence workload requests and prioritization of tasks
- Develop strategic communication processes and tasks for complex business clients
- Consult and collaborate with cross functional business partners and senior leaders to develop comprehensive communication plans and content to support and drive strategic objectives and business needs
- Adjust and influence changes by making recommendations to business clients on effective communication and workload
- Analyze and interpret trends; identify effectiveness of execution; provide and develop strategic solutions to simplify / streamline communications and workload tasks
- Stays abreast of industry trends and competitor practices in aspects of assigned area to ensure our business practices are current
What you get:
- Takes initiative and is flexible to make changes and analyze different opportunities with short notice.
- Works collaboratively to negotiate through conflicting priorities to reach a mutually acceptable solution. Manages muliple projects, timelines, priorities, and expectations concurrently.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various levels in the organization.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and ability to provide strategic planning direction and identify growth opportunities
- 8+ years in a retail store environment or corporate environment (store experience strongly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree required
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sr. Manager Communications and Workload Store Operations
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113467
J.C. Penney Company Inc.