Financial Planning Senior Manager - Traffic and Marketing Analytics
The Finance Marketing and Transformation team is an internal operations and strategy support group that partners with the JCPenney Transformation office, Marketing and Finance to shape the future of how JCPenney drives growth by developing and connecting to our omni-channel customers. Reporting to the VP of Finance, Merch, Marketing, Tech & Credit Services, the Senior Manager will work with the leaders across ecommerce, stores, and marketing to identify and execute strategic initiatives that enable JCP to exceed our customer expectations. As a creative, curious, and analytical thought leader, the Sr. Manager will improve omni-channel processes, develop, or enhance decision support systems, establish best practices for long term success, and help realign the broader organization to ensure success of the new initiatives.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Leads projects and cross-functional teams within the context of the broader transformation strategy from idea generation through implementation, including gathering relevant data, driving analyses, developing actionable recommendations, creating business case models, and presenting financial performance results.
- Engages in the strategic decision-making process and advises operating team leaders on return profiles that drive initiative prioritization based on risk and return profile across multiple workstreams.
- Delivers positive results by gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing actionable recommendations.
- Presents findings to senior management stakeholders including implementation recommendations that include change management requirements.
- Works to build long-term trusted advisor relationships with senior leadership partners that enable the role to influence strategic roadmap planning, developing operating/capital plans, setting insightful KPI targets, and ensuring visibility of the impact on financial performance.
- Ensures financial planning standards, controls and measurements for operating management's use are established in place for defined business metrics & performance indicators
- Provides data, reports, and supporting information to the Finance leadership team to align short-term/long-term financial plans with the benefits from the new initiatives as required.
What you get:
- Empowered self-starter capable of taking lead on initiatives with the ability to collaborate across teams and influence peers and leaders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to connect strategic goals with operational requirements at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, project management and organizational skills required to drive financial valuation, resource planning, and performance tracking of omni-channel investment strategies.
- Experience with strategic planning and analysis, trend forecasting, customer analytics, risk parameters, and overall business acumen with solid financial grounding.
- Previous experience working in an eCommerce retail environment would be of high value but not required.
- Excel MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, MBA preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager Marketing Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113355
J.C. Penney Company Inc.