- The RSM manages responsible manufacturing expectations with strategic suppliers and their manufacturing facilities, coaching their capabilities through data driven engagement, and integrating progress and performance KPIs with internal and external sourcing and production management.
- Partner with Director of Responsible Sourcing (RS) to timely measure and report supplier and facility performance against basic social compliance expectations, as well as worker well-being and environmental impact goals.
- Partner with Director RS and International Buying Office (IBO) leadership to engage sourcing, fabric, and merchandise teams on sourcing and allocation plans as well as performance review of strategic suppliers and facilities.
- Engage strategic suppliers to review supplier and facility performance and to address areas of opportunity within basic social compliance expectations, and worker well-being and environmental ambitions.
- Leverage existing data platforms, internally and externally (SAC Higg; FEM and FSLM), to drive supplier and facility engagement focused upon measurable impact driving demonstrable improvement.
- Partner with regional and country RSMs to align and deliver process improvements that ensure consistent implementation aligned with the intentions and capabilities of global program.
- Partner with the Environmental Sustainability team to develop facility engagement program.
- Serve as a worker well-being and environmental management champion locally, and effectively advocate the program with internal and external stakeholders regionally.
- Support engagement with industry associations, multi-stakeholder initiatives, peer companies, civil society, and other stakeholders, as necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in a topic that informs a passion or capability related to minimizing manufacturing impact to people, local communities, and planet.
- Graduate degree desirable, in a topic that informs a passion or capability related to minimizing manufacturing impact to people, local communities, and planet.
- 7+ years of experience in responsible sourcing, worker well-being and/or environmental impact management, with a focus in consumer goods manufacturing.
- 5+ years of experience working across multiple business functions to deliver sourcing solutions that support manufacturing excellence towards worker well-being and environmental impact management.
- Well informed knowledge of current global and regional, industry and governmental, conversations related to human rights, worker rights, forced labor, supply chain traceability, and environmental impact.
- Experience with the collection, analysis, and reporting of social and environmental impact data using company systems and industry standard tools, such as the Higg FEM and FSLM.
- Appreciates diverse perspectives and is committed to fostering inclusive working environments.
- Able to version engagement appropriately across levels of organizational hierarchies, from leadership to individual contributor.
- Fully informed knowledge of local regulatory landscape covering occupational health and safety, human resource management, environmental impact.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally, and globally.
- Full professional proficiency in appropriate languages of country/region.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. We have buying offices in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, China, Korea, Hong Kong, etc.
Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.