This job posting is no longer active.
Procurement Sourcing Manager - Facilities Maintenance & Equipment
The Procurement Sourcing Manager position is an advanced-level role that leads strategic sourcing activities for supply chain and facilities, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, optimization of operations, implementing favorable contracts, SOW and vendor service level agreements. Works closely with key internal business stakeholders to execute strategic initiatives and implementation plans while delivering market, supplier, and operational expertise. The Sourcing Manager reports to the Senior Sourcing Manager.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Draws insights from market and data analysis and provides recommendations and action plans to achieve desired results for sourcing initiatives
- Leads cross-functional teams to drive identification of sourcing opportunities and requirements, including desired outcome, constraints and implementation
- Lead, develop and execute sourcing strategies, accounting for size, complexity, urgency, risks, savings objectives, and other parameters for the Supply Chain and Facilities Management groups.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand and prioritize business objectives, requirements, and constraints; navigate across business and functional lines to drive stakeholder alignment toward desired outcomes
- Create and develop opportunity-specific RFx collateral, including timeline, requirements, targeted engagement model and response templates
- Lead contract negotiations for favorable terms and conditions, including pricing and risk mitigation while partnering with internal stakeholders to drive desired results
- Ensure compliance to JCPenney's sourcing and contracting policies, procedures, risk management programs, and ethics.
- Cultivate internal business stakeholder and external vendor relationships
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Prepare and conduct executive-level communication and presentations
- Works closely with Senior Sourcing Manager to develop, advise, and implement category sourcing strategies
- Engages at all levels across a diverse set of internal and external stakeholder groups to influence ideal strategic outcomes
- Provides leadership direction and developmental coaching to Senior Sourcing Specialists and Sourcing Specialists
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to apply logical thinking to identify and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proactive, inquisitive, self-motivated, and has a growth mindset
- Be able to perform in a demanding environment with a sense of urgency while managing milestones and prioritizing competing priorities.
- Good planning/project management skills - able to develop comprehensive workable solutions in complex situations
- Solid organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills with a deep understanding of contractual fundamentals
- Ability to function, and lead ambiguous and/or time-sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively to multiple levels
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve results and excel in a remote work environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Bachelor's degree
- Successful, multi-year track record of managing projects, business relationships, and staff resources (5-7 years of work experience in procurement, or equivalent)
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification is desirable
- Specific commodity experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Procurement Sourcing Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113129
J.C. Penney Company Inc.