This job posting is no longer active.
Beauty Field Trainer - Beauty
The Beauty Field Trainer
will deliver Salon technical and Beauty application training techniques, Product Knowledge and Selling Skills through multiple mediums including one on one, small group classes, and digital technology that elevates the skill set of the Beauty Professionals and creates a best-in-class experience for Customers that drives profitable sales and store traffic. Primary Responsibilities:Technical Capabilities
- Stays up to date with new salon and make-up trends and styles through social media, industry publications and communications.
- Participates in on-going technical skills development through company and vendor-provided training and skill practice for total Beauty.
- Partners with Field Manager, Salon Manager and Beauty Manager to identify training opportunities in assigned territory/territories. Plans travel to support agreed upon focus locations.
- Builds the technical skill set of the Salon and Beauty Teams through individual and group training sessions.
- Has personal investment in the success and growth of the stylists and consultants that they support. Provides coaching in the moment and gives feedback and guidance to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Partners with Salon and Beauty Managers to identify technical skill deficiencies.
- Builds Salon and Beauty training plans to address gaps in Stylist and Beauty Consultant skills.
- Monitors education completion in LINK.
- Independently manages workshop environment to ensure a quality learning experience.
- Understands and articulates all Beauty strategies, initiatives, and direction.
- Leads by example in all interactions, both internally and Customer facing.
- Reviews/Evaluates participant skill development during training and makes recommendations for additional training as needed.
- Leads Beauty Teams to effectively execute all business-related strategies including all client experience touchpoints.
- Embodies and articulates the vision of the brands through all written and oral communications and interactions.
- Influences and coaches Store Partners, Salon, Beauty and General Managers, to meet standards by reinforcing expectations.
- Reviews targeted sales reports in conjunction with training plans to identify training/mentoring opportunities.
- Demonstrates business building skills by working behind the Chair one day per week (or as directed by business needs). Achieves weekly personal Sales Goal.
- Participates in talent acquisition/ recruiting initiatives by conducting technical demonstrations with audiences of salon candidates to attract talent.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, client service, profit, productivity, and attendance
What you get:
- Required to have current Cosmotology License, plus at least 5 years of experience
- Strong training skills and ability to communicate effetively and have positive interactions
- Partnership capability with District Team and Total Beauty Team
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Beauty Field Trainer - Buffalo District
Location: Greece, NY, United States -
Job ID: 1113343
J.C. Penney Company Inc.