This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Sourcing Manager, Procurement - Logistics & Transportation
The Senior Sourcing Manager of Procurement will be an expert role that applies specific category and industry expertise to lead strategic sourcing activities for Logistics & Transportation. The goal of this role is to achieve significant cost reductions, obtain productivity improvements, and improve product quality and/or vendor service levels. The Sourcing Senior Manager reports to the Procurement Director.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for the end-to-end contracting, negotiations, and supply base management of Domestic and International Logistics modes such as Truckload/Intermodal, Ocean, LTL, Small Parcel, Drayage, and Final Mile
- Leads sourcing events and execute complex initiatives aimed at achieving sustainable cost reductions, contract risk mitigation, productivity improvements, quality, and service levels
- Enable successful execution of project and category management strategies
- Work closely with internal business leaders to impact and define sourcing approach, assess market conditions, and monitor ongoing effectiveness
- Mitigate financial, operational, and reputational risks in the supply base ensuring JCPenney is adequately protected, contingency plans are developed, and privacy requirements are met
- Implement savings realization practices by building methods for incorporating savings from sourcing initiatives into annual operating budgets
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable regulations and internal policies or procedures to ensure the behavior exhibited by the organization is honest, ethical, and professional
- Work with Sourcing Director to establish semi-annual category business plans to achieve company goals and objectives
- Coach, lead, and develop a team of associates
- Attract, retain, and align talent to meet organizational objectives
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- Successful, multi-year track record of managing projects, business relationships, and staff development (8+ years of work experience in procurement, or equivalent)
- Proven track record of leading teams (5+ years)
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification is desirable
- Expert commodity experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Sourcing Manager, Procurement
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113053
J.C. Penney Company Inc.