This job posting is no longer active.
Inventory PlannerJ.C. Penney Company, Inc.Plano, Texas
The Inventory Planner
manages the successful planning and execution of store plans/clusters, store size planning, and item flow strategies. The Inventory Planner is responsible for executing buyer's assortment vision with accurate quantification. Work with supply chain to ensure flow strategies are executable through logistics channels.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for the size profiling and pack optimization of one or more MAT teams for enterprise
- Collaborates with Merchants for AP entry based Buyer Vision
- Executes quantification in the BP workbook of the Assortment Planning Application
- Creates and evaluates size profiles to ensure buys and allocations are in-sync and accurate at the store level
- Communicates with merchants and allocation team on the results and risks of flow strategies
- Challenges merchants on missed opportunities in the assortments at the store level and channel
- Communicates assortment and store opportunities to Sr. Manager and Allocation Director
- Optimizes the pack and MCQ configuration to create optimal store and supply chain strategies for best cost/speed/accuracy
- Develops Location Planning/Clustering for MAT
- Provides Merchants with choice count analysis, considering store productivity and financial metrics
What you get:
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation, and/or merchandising.
- Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
- Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
- Ability to provide strategic planning direction and identify growth opportunities.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what's new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1085312
J.C. Penney Company Inc.