This job posting is no longer active.
Enterprise Architect - TechOps
As an Enterprise Architect
at JCPenney you will play a key leadership role in the development and execution of enterprise-wide business, data, application, and technical architecture vision and strategies. You will establish strong relationships with the business and technology teams within our organization, teaching and driving improved communication of the architecture vision. This role is essential to driving the overall flexibility and scalability of the highly complicated environment of overlapping systems across the company's business functions.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Collaboration with Business, Product and Technology leaders to craft architecture that enables business and technology vision for transitioning to target enterprise future state.
- Serve as a thought leader to the organization in the areas of cloud, data center infrastructure, network and observability.
- Define the North Star that will guide the organization's journey towards a cloud native operating model.
- Be an advocate and driver of new innovative solutions within the organization. Maintain industry knowledge of new technical capabilities and potential disruptors to the market, leverage these to help organization meet key business goals.
- Evaluates, recommends, and defines architecture with best-of-breed, commercial off-the-shelf and other software components.
- Ability to own architecture for multiple Business domains and influence strategic direction and vision for the future; perform in depth analysis of current state and create target state architecture, capability maturity roadmap and transition state architectures.
- Help facilitate architecture review boards and the enterprise architecture & technology governance process (buy vs. build vs. no/low code and custom)
- Development of collateral: reference architectures, associate guides, and technology solution patterns.
- Define and govern architecture principles & standards to build maintainable, scalable, high performing and secured business systems.
- Ensure architecture related processes and standards are followed and adhered.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to Engineers, Architects, and Analysts.
- Hands-on Architect - you will develop example code, working closely with developers to advance the state of the art.
- Manages directly and/or indirectly a high-performing team that delivers exceptional results.
What you get:
- Deep knowledge and experience across various architectural disciplines (Application, Technical, Business, and Data/Information).
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, and gain consensus across a large organization.
- Hands on experience with one or more Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Hands on experience with hybrid cloud networking technologies.
- Hands on experience with data center technologies such as VMWare Tanzu or similar.
- Domain expertise in digital marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10-15 years' work experience, is required.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive adoption of architecture practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the conceptual as well as detail levels.
- Trained and mentored junior architects and engineers.
- Direct reporting management experience; leading, coaching, and mentoring team of direct reports.
- Retail experience desired
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect -TechOps
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113102
J.C. Penney Company Inc.