Textile Graphic Designer - Women'sJ.C. Penney Company, Inc.Plano, Texas
The Textile Graphic Designer
creates original graphic designs, illustrations, drawings and/or patterns for assigned lines. Manages the textile graphic design process for Retail and Direct (as assigned) to ensure the interpretation of design direction meets the desired concept, as well as the Product Development seasonal timetable, and that designs are executed as planned in the manufacturing of initial and production samples.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Integrates hand and computer skills to create and prepare original textile graphics designs, illustrations, prints and/or patterns exclusive to the Company for assigned brands.
- Researches new trends and textile/graphic patterns and recommends textile/graphic design direction to Product Designers each season.
- Researches, develops, and recommends color combinations and accent colors to Designers each season and reviews pattern, color, repeat and line quality execution for assigned area using strike-off approval process or 3D application.
- Prepares presentations for review of seasonal product textile/graphic design concepts and pattern work, including illustrations or sketches of graphic design.
- Develops and recommends pattern flow by merchandise delivery for assigned area.
- Provides technical expertise on ability to execute various types of textile/graphic design on various fabrications and materials. Uses newly developing art techniques and design technology to enhance skills and abilities in creating original, saleable, textile/graphic designs.
- Creates presentation boards for seasonal meeting and addresses specific art related issues as needed.
What you get:
- Four-year art degree or equivalent business experience.
- Three to five years' experience in the textile graphic design industry, creating more fashionable/complex patterns and textile/graphic designs requiring seasonal updates and high design capabilities, both artistically and with computer.
- Strong communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize work, multi-task, flexible, build relationships.
- Knowledgeable of trend right applications and screen methods.
- A strong knowledge of materials, fabrics and related manufacturing processes.
- Strong creative, artistic and aesthetic skills, and ability to integrate those with product needs.
- Strong sketching and trending ability, a plus.
- Strong t-shirt graphics skills, must be able to develop yarn dyes and have a strong color sense.
- Advance use in Kaledo, Adobe illustrator & photoshop software.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Textile Graphic Designer - Women's
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108972
J.C. Penney Company Inc.