Beauty Manager -Carson, California
The Beauty Manager is responsible for driving sales and profit growth by regularly engaging both our customers and associates to provide a memorable and lasting experience. The Beauty Manager facilitates the training and development of all members of the team within their store while leading the team to achieve and exceed company objectives.Reports to: General Manager Key Partnerships: Beauty Field Manager, Salon Manager, Beauty Field TrainerPrimary Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading your team - You've led people before and know how important it is to provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, focus on differentiating performance across team members, empower your team to take control and make good decisions, set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store's success.
• Responsible for analyzing business performance - You know the numbers and the impact of the results on the business daily. This role uses the reports and tools to drive the business forward daily. You and your team take action to make a difference.
• Talent Management process - You actively search and hire talent that will delight customers. You're quite comfortable hunting for great talent in the market and approaching them about opportunities. There's no grass that grows under your feet when it comes to finding talent for your openings.
• You are responsible for executing visual environment standards and merchandising. You have a keen interest in keeping the store clean and visually stimulating for our brands and ultimately our clients. You walk the floor and find opportunities to ensure all merchandise is being presented to visual standards.
• You lead by example assisting clients - You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the store to find something new. You and your team do everything possible to put a smile on the client's face!
• You own the execution of the monthly animation - You walk the floor with your team and other leaders in the store to plan for the upcoming design and set for new merchandise. You are well prepared to provide direction to supporting teams to ensure the client is going to have an engaging shopping experience.
• Team Development and Education - You participate in the training of the entire team. You provide your team with the tools and time to ensure they have access to the proper training for their position. You plan and coordinate with the Beauty Trainer on scheduling and participation in education visits. You see the value in a well-trained team. You Consistently check for understanding on brand and selling knowledge keeping learning alive daily. Core Competencies & Accomplishments:Customer Centricity
Anticipate needs of the customer
• Deliver engaging experiences that exceed customer expectationsDemonstrates Leadership
• You love and embrace an environment that fosters teamwork, recognizes others' accomplishments and respects and values differences in the workplace. You lead by example and enjoy motivating and encouraging others to perform at a higher level.Drives Results
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency and acts decisively and quickly. You understand that results matter. What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Beauty Manager
Location: Carson, CA, United States -
Job ID: 1113066
J.C. Penney Company Inc.