Senior Legal Analyst - Operations
The Senior Legal Analyst
works under the supervision of an attorney, performs all legal assistance and/or paralegal functions related to litigation and handles certain responsibilities in which the analyst exercises discretion and independent non-legal judgment with respect to matters of significance related to litigation.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Gathers documents and other factual information relative to legal and operational issues from various Company departments, providing general assistance to attorneys.
- Responds to administrative agency actions, notices of violations, and citations and prepares administrative agency filings, tracks status and follows through on assigned matters or projects to ensure that the Company is in compliance with regulatory matters,
- Handles general inquiries relating to matter status and/or acts in a liaison relationship within the organization to facilitate efficient workflow in legal matters or projects and may undertake basic legal work and prepare reports.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the legal department's work and its context in the organization as a whole.
- Serves as a legal point-of-contact with Asset Protection team, Legal Department attorneys and outside counsel on workplace safety (OSHA) matters.
- Supports to the Government Relations team by providing administrative, analytical and research necessary to contribute to the Company's government relations goals.
- Responsible for preparing, issuing and tracking legal holds and preparing regular reports of asserted claims for management's review.
What you get:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience and/or paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- Must be comfortable supporting multiple practice groups within the Legal Department, working collaboratively and cross-functionally with minimal supervision.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a comparable law department environment or law firm preferred.
- Proficiency in legal research, legal writing, effective communication, multi-tasking and summary reporting; knowledge of litigation; attention to detail; resourcefulness; use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks; and versatility in dealing with legal staff and handling assignments.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with iManage and Exterro preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Legal Analyst
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113052
J.C. Penney Company Inc.