This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Counsel - Intellectual Property/LitigationPrimary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Assumes primary responsibility for providing legal advice, guidance and recommendations to business partners relating to significant Company activities in the areas of IP, including private brand development and management (primary focus), technology and business operations.
- Advocates and advises clients about the protection of the Company's Intellectual Property interests, including its extensive trademark portfolio.
- Partners with Trademark Administrator in management of trademark portfolio (international and domestic).
- Areas of responsibility will also include litigation and dispute resolution matters involving intellectual property, including patent/trademark/copyright infringement and trademark prosecution and enforcement.
What you get:
- 4-6 years of legal experience in specialized area(s) of practice or its equivalent.
- Degree from a recognized law school and admission to the Bar.
- Fully developed expertise and technical knowledge in Intellectual Property - especially trademark and copyright, including prosecuting and defending matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Self-motivated with excellent advocacy, analytical and communication skills; enjoy challenging work responsibilities and close interaction with business clients.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom
to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page
Job Title: Senior Counsel, IP and Litigation
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113051
J.C. Penney Company Inc.