This job posting is no longer active.
District ManagerJob Description
Proven multi-unit leader who drives results through an engaged and effective team of General Managers. Ensures that each General Manager is equipped to deliver sales, profit and exceptional customer service.Responsibilities
• Business Performance - Review targeted reports and store processes to identify sales and profit benchmarking opportunities across the district & within the region. Understand the competitive landscape by observing and studying other companies to learn about current initiatives/strategies.
• Coaching/Team Development - Assesses General Managers and leadership team to determine talent opportunities and impact on store performance; proactively identifies talent opportunities across the district leadership teams and plans for vacancies in advance. Partners with General Managers to discuss how better to lead and engage their teams towards extraordinary performance.
• Team Leadership - Infuses passion for the business and communicates a compelling vision to excite the team; shapes the culture of the stores by modeling core values and leadership capabilities across store teams. Sets clear expectations and drives accountability by taking immediate action on performance issues within the team.
• Brand Execution- Reviews and evaluates the execution of store environment standards and the customer experience. Encourages team to engage and support their local community through store or company initiative.
• Performance Standards - Consistently meets established performance standards, including but not limited to product and service sales, customer services, profit and productivity. Skills & Experience
• Work Experience - 3 - 5 years experience in a multi unit role, ideally in a big-box retailer.
• Education - Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
• Decisiveness Makes decisions in a confident, firm and timely manner.
• Organization/Time Management Plans and structures work; priorities are based on impact to sales, profit or customer experience.
• Strategic Vision - Identifies strategies and objectives; provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions.
• Develops Talent - Builds a diverse and high performing team; provides feedback and stretch assignments to foster growth; empowers the team to make critical decisions; rewards and recognizes efforts and frequently discusses future opportunities and development plans.
• Practices Candor - An approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest and constructive feedback with team; sincere with communication. District ManagerWhat you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: District Manager - Raleigh, NC
Location: Durham, NC, United States -
Job ID: 1113047
J.C. Penney Company Inc.