Director of Customer Intelligence
The Director of Customer Intelligence
will be responsible for leading designing, developing and interpreting analytics about JCPenney's customers that builds customer intelligence across the organization. The role is a critical enabler to our growth strategies, focused on customer retention, frequency and loyalty. The ideal candidate will be able to partner with business leaders to understand questions about customers and translate that into a mix of foundational frameworks, routine analytics and regular reporting as well as ad hoc analysis as needed. This leader must understand how customer insights can be used to power different choices in merchandising, pricing and promotion or in digital experience design. To be successful in this role, this leader will need to be hands-on, a thought leader in the space, and work cross functionally with teams across the company.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead, grow and develop an analytics team responsible for driving actionable insights and intelligence. Responsibilities include maintaining and evolvolving the enterprise customer segmentation, CLV pathways, and customer forecasting
- Communicate complex information about customers in simple and compelling ways
- Create a test and learn culture to unlock value and drive continuous improvement within the customer experience.
- Develop strategies and provide direction for the development and application of Business Intelligence tools that provide robust KPI's and drill down capabilities to unlock site optimization opportunities.
- Keep a tab on best practices across the industry and continuously improve internal processes by imbibing these.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, a go-getter who figure things out, and can turn insights into executable strategies that improve financial results.
- Interface and drive engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate the insights and recommendations in a succinct and easy-to-understand manner to senior leadership with a focus on the what as opposed to the how and gain consensus to drive desired change.
What you get:
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Analytics, Operations Research; Masters preferred.
- A change agent, someone who has a strong foundation in customer data and analytics in a retail environment
- 10+ years of total experience.
- Prior experience building and leading high-performing analytics teams with progressive work experience in terms of people management and leadership.
- 4+ years of professional experience in leading analytics in customer analytics
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving in a fluid environment.
- Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director Customer Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1113020
J.C. Penney Company Inc.