Division Merchandise Manager (Sr. Director)
The Division Merchandise Manager (Sr. Director)
will provide merchandising leadership to a team of buyers based on company and divisional merchandise strategies including sourcing, inventory management and merchandising for assigned areas. They will support the company's consumer-focused branding strategy to maximize enterprise sales and increase market sharePrimary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Partners with Planning & Allocation Director and inventory planning to develop semi-annual merchandise plan to ensure inventory levels are controlled and managed in-season, ensure open to buy remains fluid and replenishment of wanted merchandise is achieved. Meets turnover and delivery objectives and reallocates resources within assigned lines as needed to provide the right merchandise to the customer.
- Approves assortment plans at the subdivision level for JCPenney stores.
- Sets direction for the development of competitive merchandise assortments for assigned lines, considering industry trends and competition and provides input for any exceptions to open to buy and financially reconciles across merchant teams.
- Integrates product development, sourcing, marketing and supply chain functions into the merchandising process.
- Provides leadership to buyers on strategies for developing and evaluating sources of supply by reviewing supplier performance and relationships.
- Leads overall financial performance of the Merchandising Action Team in achieving department performance objectives and budgets including sales and profit plans, salaries, expense, inventory, and merchandise cost account (P&L).
- Lead, build and inspire a best-in-class Merchandise Action Team.
- Partners with Planning & Allocation Director and inventory planning to oversee the development of the exit strategy for all assigned lines and ensures its effectiveness for profitable merchandise cleanup.
What you get:
- 12-15+ years of progressive merchandising experience
- Bachelor's degree preffered; graduate degree desirable
- Knowledge of the elements that drive retail profitability
- Experience leading a team of 7+ direct reports
- Knowledge of product, sourcing, assortment optimization, business planning, market intelligence and supplier management
- Ability to build and develop a diverse and high-performing team
- Makes quick decisions, moves fast to make things happen with aggressive but realistic deadlines
- Ability to develop positive and inclusive relationships with cross-funcitonal teams across the company and within own team
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Division Merchandise Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1112952
J.C. Penney Company Inc.