Director - Audience
The Director - Audience
will lead the enterprise customer-centric marketing strategy for engaging directly with JCPenney customers to accelerate the path to customer interactions, engaging new customer segments and growing our relationship with existing and future customers. The position is responsible for building a fully integrated customer audience strategy, as well as planning and execution with a focus on the development of initiatives and campaigns that drive customer engagement, retention, loyalty, and brand advocacy. The position reports to the VP Customer Engagement and Insights.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Develops and oversees the implementation of customer-centric marketing strategies and ensures full integration across digital and direct channels.
- Increases the profitability and repurchase rate of customers by developing new or improving existing retention marketing strategies and tactics.
- Determines relevant segments and clusters of customers for targeted direct marketing strategies.
- Manages performance of customer segments to expected revenue and margin targets within budgeted expenses.
- Designs and implements testing strategies to understand customer behavior including deeper understanding of device usage, creative and messaging preferences, and engagement drivers.
- Works with the analytics team to interpret test results and determine future strategy.
- Models various strategies and tactics to determine expected ROI; create forecasts for annual plan and work with operations team on implications.
- Determines optimum Product Planning & Offers for existing segmentations based on past results and future product availability and margins.
- Drives accelerated growth, market share gains, and elevated partnership via "shopper/customer insights"
- Day to day management of customer-centric marketing team focused primarily on development and execution of audience driven initiatives.
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for providing direction, support, and coaching.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- 10 years of Customer Relationship Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, or Ecommerce experience; retail category experience preferred.
- Experience with Omni-Channel marketing.
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms (CDP).
- Strong business acumen and the ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify trends and marketing opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and implement a focused plan and to collaborate with teams.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, and gain consensus across a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Direct reporting management experience; lead, coach, and mentor direct reports.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director of Audience
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1112601
J.C. Penney Company Inc.