This job posting is no longer active.
Security Analyst 2 (JCU Cybersecurity) - IT Security and Compliance
The Security Analyst 2 will report to Sr Manager, JCP Cybersecurity Unit (JCU) and will be part of the team that is responsible for the IT Security and Compliance within JCPenney. â€<Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead the efforts in analyzing information security alerts from various information sources
- Assist in designing and implementing security platforms and processes
- Perform advanced tasks in response to information security incidents
- Review and acts on intel gathered from L1 analysts, and determine course of action to take
- Provide advanced threat and vulnerability analysis, and represent the team in remediation efforts
- Coordinate risk management and threat information sharing with other teams
- Work with senior analysts and management in metric collection and reporting
- Mentor L1 and associate analysts
What you get:
- Experience: 4-5+ years of relevant experience in Cybersecurity, risk management, security operations, network operations, or equivalent knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or demonstrated related job experience.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (SIEM, firewall, intrusion detection systems and vulnerability scanners).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications. Understanding of common network services, network vulnerabilities, and network attack patterns is a must.
- Experience with security assessment tools (NMAP, Kali Linux, Metasploit, etc) is preferred.
- CISSP, SSCP, GIAC, Security+ & Network+ certifications or other related certifications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrates analytical skills with ability to visualize and articulate complex problems / concepts.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Analyst 2
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1112399
J.C. Penney Company Inc.