This job posting is no longer active.
Associate Relations Senior Manager - HYBRID
The Associate Relations Senior Manager
facilitates, manages, trains, and directs employee relations on behalf of the company to create an overall high performance and healthy work environment for all associates. They provide strategic direction and serve as a consultant and a trusted advisor on employee relations. This role leads a team that evaluates and manages moderate to complex employee complaints and high-risk internal investigations. They partner closely with Legal, HR Business Partners and business leaders in making recommendations regarding appropriate action where there is discriminatory conduct, harassment, inappropriate workplace behaviors, or other violation of company policy. Additionally, this role helps review and edit where necessary, policies and procedures related to forming positive associate relations.
The ideal candidate enjoys developing and leading a team, juggling multiple assignments, solving complex problems, collaborating with people of all levels across the organization, and continuously exploring ways to enhance positive associate relations.
The Associate Relations Senior Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Talent Management & Development and Associate Relations. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Leads a team that ensures fair and equitable treatment of all associates that is consistent with the company's core values and objectives
- Consults and provides training, advice, counsel, and resolution to associates, managers, and HR business partners on a broad range of associate relations matters, including policy interpretation and application, federal/state/local employment laws, conflict resolution, reasonable accommodations, performance management, discipline, reductions in force and other separations of employment
- Reviews all investigations and assigns cases to members of the team, including assigning to self
- Ensures the team conducts robust investigations into associate complaints and allegations of misconduct in a timely, fair, and balanced way
- Tracks and analyzes data received from business partners, jcpLine, own research and other sources, i.e., exit and engagement surveys, and summarizes findings in a way which allows Associate Relations to identify and respond to trends
- Provides consultation, guidance and coaching to supervisors, managers, and HR business partners to address employee conduct concerns; provides guidance and assists with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions.
- Works with training team to create and deliver positive associate relations training, with a focus on prevention, including traveling to train frontline supervisors
- In partnership with Legal, conducts research and prepares required analysis, reports and documentation for grievance meetings, information requests and general communication issues
- Administers policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Takes appropriate action in dual role as associate advocate and management coach.
- Stays current on global employment trends and changing regulations that may impact policies and procedures
- Documents associate relations activities ensuring that files are accurate and that a history exists and is current, as well as creating and maintaining all related documentation
- Identifies and shares best practices with HR partners across assigned areas to improve performance and leverage lessons learned
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or related field
- 6-8 years of professional HR administration, including 4-5 years employee relations experience
- 1-3 years in a management/supervisory role
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable employment laws, policies, procedures, and labor relations
- Proficiency in Excel required; Advanced Excel skills including macros, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with proven attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills with the ability to interact at multiple levels
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with deadline-driven activities
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
- Labor Relations experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Associate Relations Senior Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1112397
J.C. Penney Company Inc.