Group Investigations Manager - West Coast
The Group Investigations Manager will be responsible for leading Field Investigations Teams to prioritize workload, implement investigative plans, and coach case closures impacting cases related to Organized Retail Crime and other external theft and fraud activity. Will interact with Law Enforcement Partners to aid in supporting case closure.
- Team Development
- Hires, Trains, and leads their assigned Investigations Group
- Supervises all team activities, investigative captainships, and tactical operations in assigned area
- Guides Field Investigators on investigative plans as necessary
- Resolves complex/sensitive internal investigations within the assigned area by utilizing all available tools
- Coordinates training activities in assigned area
- Provides oversight, coordinates, reviews, and resolves investigative activities related to Organized Retail Crime (ORC) cases
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Federal, State, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies as well as ORC Investigation partners from other retailers
- Develops and maintains relationships with regional and district AP teams to partner on complex internal and external cases
- Maintains strong relationships with local law enforcement to ensure their aid in case closure support
- Critical Incident Response
- Supports stores in cases of significant business disruptions (robbery, protests, natural disasters, etc.)
- Special Projects
- Works with other Field Investigators, Store AP teams, District AP, CIC, and Home Office AP on special projects as directed by the Senior Group Investigations Manager – Field Investigations
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Drive for Results - Acts decisively and quickly sets aggressive goals, takes appropriate risks, creates a culture of continuous improvement, and actively searches for ways to do more with less.
- Executes with Excellence – Develops and prioritizes plans that help achieve company goals, executes plans that are well organized and efficient, delegates work effectively, and communicates expectations to others
- Embraces a Growth Mindset – Applies a growth mindset by seeing change as an opportunity to learn and grow, asks for and listens to feedback, proposes and takes action on new ideas
- Demonstrate Leadership – Fosters teamwork and motivates others to perform at a higher level, aligns goals and processes to create momentum, sets clear expectations, and creates a culture of development through feedback and coaching
- Takes Accountability – Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences, holds self and others accountable for actions, shows confidence when challenged, and will do the right thing even when it’s hard
- Applies Critical Thinking – Uses fact-based analysis to guide decision-making, applies critical thinking to develop options and consider impacts, demonstrates business expertise
- Competence - Is skilled and has the experience required to do their job; understands and keeps up to date on competitive practices, market, and industry trends, information, and technology affecting their business and uses this knowledge to make effective decisions
- Cooperates - Actively participates on the team by sharing information; has a positive attitude and is open to new and different ideas; works productively with teams, seeks win/win solutions, puts the priorities and needs of the larger organization ahead of individual needs
- Builds Relationships - Develops and fosters positive relationships with others over time; shows appreciation, support, and respect for different styles, backgrounds, perspectives, and needs
- Takes Initiative - Shows interest and acts without being prompted; is motivated and resourceful in achieving successful results promptly
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Group Investigations Manager
Location: Dallas, TX, United States - PO BOX 10001
Job ID: 1112217
J.C. Penney Company Inc.