Senior Project Manager - Marketing
The Marketing Senior Project Manager will support the Director, Marketig Communications to develop, plan and budget against marketing strategies. In addition to the broad scope of managing planning and communication, in this role will support cross organization alignment, working with all functions in the company to ensure clear communication and execution of seasonal strategies. Supporting a team of associates, this role is critical in ensuring full company alignment on marketing activity. Working cross functionally with the in house creative agency, product marketing, store operations, ecommerce and PR/Philanthropy this role plays a critical function as the center of all marketing activity. This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing Communications & Strategy.
- Develop and maintain marketing communications processes to ensure total organizational view into marketing campaigns, brand launches and prioiritzation of messaging season to season.
- Develop and lead strategies for brand marketing and growth of overall JCPenney brand. Support creation of master event briefs and manages external agencies ensuring alignment with overall JCPenney campaign efforts.
- Work with media owners on appropriate mix of messaging and objectives for overall campaigns.
- Support coordination of marketing priorities on a seasonal and brand level, ensuring clear understanding of key messaging hierarchy and alignment across all touchpoints for a holistic and congruent advertising campaign.
- Coordinate cross functionally with all departments internal to marketing as well as key functions and business units outside of marketing.
- Analyze customer and market data to develop recommendations for brands and campaign priorities.
- Ability to clearly communicate campaign objectives, messaging priorities, strategies through development of actionable briefs, presentations and communication guides.
- Proof and verify final marketing assets, to ensure they align with campaign objectives and messaging priorities.
- Develop talent and support a positive environment with a mindset of progressive problem solving and brand building.
- Provide broad, cross functional presentations to clearly communicate the total campaign strategies.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5+ years of progressive marketing experience, brand marketing or comms planning and management, fashion marketing and/or retail marketing is preferred. Retail experience is a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations preferred. Master's degree a plus.
- The ideal candidate has extensive brand experinve with a strong understanding of direct to consumer marketing and experience driving brand campaigns and activations.
- This role requires strong leadership skills, team building and an ability to work cross functionally with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Experience in people management; Be a positive change agent with an ability to lead others through change and growth.
- Be a thought leader and cultivate a culture of out of the box thinking and innovation.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Marketing Project Manager
Location: Dallas, TX, United States - PO BOX 10001
Job ID: 1112207
J.C. Penney Company Inc.