This job posting is no longer active.
Textile Graphic Designer - Modern Design
The Textile Graphic Designer creates original graphic designs, illustrations, drawings and/or patterns for assigned lines. Manages the textile graphic design process for Retail and Direct (as assigned) to ensure the interpretation of design direction meets the desired concept, as well as the Product Development seasonal timetable, and that designs are executed as planned in the manufacturing of initial and production samples.
- Integrates hand and computer skills to create and prepare original textile graphics designs, illustrations, prints and/or patterns exclusive to the Company for assigned brands.
- Researches new trends and textile/graphic patterns and recommends textile/graphic design direction to Product Designers each season.
- Researches, develops, and recommends color combinations and accent colors to Designers each season and reviews pattern, color, repeat and line quality execution for assigned area using strike-off approval process or 3D application.
- Prepares presentations for review of seasonal product textile/graphic design concepts and pattern work, including illustrations or sketches of graphic design.
- Develops and recommends pattern flow by merchandise delivery for assigned area.
- Provides technical expertise on ability to execute various types of textile/graphic design on various fabrications and materials. Uses newly developing art techniques and design technology to enhance skills and abilities in creating original, saleable, textile/graphic designs.
- Creates presentation boards for seasonal meeting and addresses specific art related issues as needed.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Four-year art degree or equivalent business experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in the textile graphic design industry, creating more fashionable/complex patterns and textile/graphic designs requiring seasonal updates and high design capabilities, both artistically and with computer.
- Strong communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize work, multi-task, flexible, build relationships.
- Knowledgeable of trend right applications and screen methods.
- A strong knowledge of materials, fabrics and related manufacturing processes.
- Strong creative, artistic and aesthetic skills, and ability to integrate those with product needs.
- Strong sketching and trending ability, a plus.
- Strong t-shirt graphics skills, must be able to develop yarn dyes and have a strong color sense.
- Advance use in Kaledo, Adobe illustrator & photoshop software.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: TextileGraphic Design
Location: Dallas, TX, United States - PO BOX 10001
Job ID: 1112194
J.C. Penney Company Inc.