Senior Human Resource Specialist – Customer Care Contact Call Center (Hybrid, Columbus, OH)
The Senior Human Resource Specialist – Customer Care Call Center (exempt) will support and assist the Human Resource Manager with day-to-day responsibilities, supporting the business and our associates by maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and maintaining employee information as well as and supporting the development of human resources programs, practices, and training.
- HR Generalist Responsibilities within the Customer Care Contact Call Center, for a largely remote workforce across the US and Bangalore.
- Assumes a key role in hiring efforts, in partnership with recruitment resources, sources, interviews internal and external candidates, hiring, onboarding, training, advises leadership and associates on career pathing, talent planning, retention and engagement efforts, etc.
- Conducts associate relation investigations efficiently and effectively, providing trusted guidance to leadership and associates, recommending actions and remediation.
- Assists with HR program rollouts, increasing communication, recognition, and engagement efforts and tying back to our Associate Value Proposition. Helps develop solutions to streamline and automate processes as needed; seeks advice and makes recommendations for improvement to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Provides HR support to business partners and associates by addressing and defining problems as well as driving resolution through partnerships. Ability to lead process improvement in your area of responsibly, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality.
- Provides support on key processes such as Talent Review, Leadership Development & Training, Organizational Development, Change Management, Succession Planning, and Associate Engagement
- Conducts exit interviews exempt, and analysis of feedback from exit interview to determine trends
- Creates presentations, manages spreadsheets and assists with organizational charts/data
- Generates and analyzes HR reporting data such as turnover, compensation, headcount, etc
- Partners with other technical data management groups cordially and efficiently, such as Payroll, Compensation, and Information Technology groups.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of people data within an HRIS system. This includes day-to-day support of position management including table updates, data management, documentation Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of people data within an HRIS system. This includes day-to-day support of position management including table updates, data management, documentation, and clear communication to HR Business Partners.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5+ years of Human Resource Generalist experience, preferably with Call Center or Retail
- General knowledge of HR best practices, policies, procedures and labor law compliance and business accumen
- Organized, Accurate, Process Oriented, Approchable, Resilient Problem identification and problem solving skills, multi-tasked - ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results against clearly defined deadlines is required, Passionate about a fast-paced, service and customer driven culture, Integrity, Sound Judgment, strong and professional Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Change Management, Maintains strict HR standards of confidentiality and adhere to high ethical standards
- Prioritizes Customers, Takes Accountability, Thinks Critically, Drives Results, Embrases a Growth Mindset, Demonstrates Leadership
- Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel, PeopleSoft, Timekeeping systems
- Bachelors of Science – Business Management Human Resources preferred
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: HR Sr Specialist
Location: Columbus, OH, United States - Cust Care Contct Ctr 5555 Scarborough Blvd
Job ID: 1112173
J.C. Penney Company Inc.