Are you an experienced Jeweler looking for your next challenge? Would you describe yourself as a skilled Jeweler being able to provide excellent quality and customer service to JCPenney stores and customers? Well…come join the new JCPenney this might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Bench Jeweler role is to provide the highest quality repairs in a timely manner to support JCPenney store sales and meet our customer’s expectations.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs precision sawing.
- Performs simple clasp replacement.
- Performs jump ring soldering and solders wedding sets together.
- Performs stone work:
- Resets round precious stones into existing seat.
- Stone tightening of prong set stones.
- Works with and explains characteristics of all precious stones.
- Works with and explains characteristics of all semi-precious stones; properly selects and pulls stones for repairs
- Properly sets Pear and Oval shape stones in all types of settings. Sets skills of bead set and nick set stones.
- Performs all aspects of engraving using Computerized Engraving equipment.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Jewelry and Watch System (JAWS); performs operations of moving repairs and produces reports for status updates, as needed.
- Performs repair services:
- Sizing of rings (up and down 4 sizes maximum)
- Repair and install safety chains
- Pin replacement on bracelets
- Advanced clasp repair
- Earring post installation and repair
- Installation of sizing beads
- Must possess basic understanding of jewelry repair techniques and demonstrate working knowledge with stone setting, finishing and the latest techniques in jewelry repair.
- A demonstrated ability to apply techniques pertinent to work assignments.
- Familiarity with equipment or tools used in the repair, cleaning, polishing, or reconditioning of jewelry.
- Must possess a high level of manual dexterity, and have a keen attention for detail.
- Must possess knowledge of all tools, proper care and maintenance procedures; properly prepare gravers, forming and sharpening.
- Understands/uses proper torch control techniques.
- Maintains organized work environment: Repair bench and local work area should be sustained by the 5S principles (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain), knowledge of the 8 wastes (“DOWNTIME” – Defective Production, Over Production, Waiting, Not Engaged Associates, Transport, Inventory, Motion, Excessive Processing) and participates in collaboration and innovative problem solving.
- Minimum 3 years Technician experience, with at least 1 year experience as Senior Jewelry Technician.
Job Title: Jewelry - Jeweler
Location: Haslet, TX, United States - Alliance Ctr-West 1701 Intermodal Pkwy
Job ID: 1023670
J.C. Penney Company Inc.