JD for Senior Engineer 2 -Search
Digital Engineering -Bangalore
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 120 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Engineers at JCPenney are responsible for building scalable and highly performant sytems.. You work with a team of software engineers and will partner with other key groups, including Product Owners, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters. Going beyond your role & contributing to make the organization & business better is an expectation.
- Design and develop applications for JCPenney.com independently.
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- Partner with the digital platform, enterprise architecture and infrastructure teams to ensure maximum scalability, elasticity, and extensibility of the digital platform
- Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & Quality of the artifacts developed
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create.
- Follow test-driven development environment to maximize quality, efficiency & productivity
Core Competencies, Accomplishments & Requirements
- Passion for retail, technology, experience design and open source solutions
- 6 to 8 years of experience in developing ecommerce applications
- Experience in enterprise search, metadata, and taxonomy concepts/technologies.
- Setting up indexing, retrieving and ranking
- Strong and proven experience with Apache Solr, ZooKeeper, and Solr Cloud.
- Experience with ML libraries on Java/Python (preferred)
- Experience with implementation of NLP, Classification and Named Entity Recognition (preferred)
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases.
- Good understanding & experience of high-performance and scalable systems.
- Have understanding of web-related concepts such as browser compatibility, accessibility and performance,
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field required, Master’s degree preferred
Job Title: Senior Engineer 2
Location: Nagavara Hobli Bang, KA, India -
Job ID: 1111911
J.C. Penney Company Inc.