Leads and participates in functional warehouse activities.
· Leads work activities including:
o Scheduling and balancing workload of other associates
o Training and coaching associates in basic procedures and techniques
o Verifying data and work of others.
· Participates in accomplishing prescribed work activities of the assigned department.
· Responds to and initiates inquiries and reports.
· Cooperates with other areas by providing for and distributing the necessary workload to insure that deadlines are met.
· Provides input to associate performance review process, corrective action and staffing needs.
· Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Skills & Characteristics
· Requires ability to communicate orally and in writing correctly and concisely, and/or use arithmetic with accuracy and reasonable speed.
· Comprehensive knowledge of procedures and systems that apply to assigned area so that workload and personnel decisions can be made in absence of supervisor.
· Familiarity with equipment or machines used in the area assigned.
· Two years’ experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
· Exposure to training techniques such as on-the-job coaching and demonstration, graduated skill building, etc.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.